Downtown Engagement Coordinator, Downtown Kalamazoo Inc.
Feb. 2014 - May 2015
- Managed marketing creative and website development to support marketing campaigns and improve overall online user experience across all media channels.
- Supervised a marketing intern to assist in developing a content calendar for social media and email communications.
- Improved collaboration between the Marketing Committee and stakeholders to develop effective marketing strategies to promote the downtown area.
- Completed a research initiative on downtown consumer habits to inform and direct more effective marketing strategies.
- Wrote copy and created content schedules for the organization's websites and social media.
- Coordinated and managed marketing and events budgets.
- Provided advocacy support for downtown businesses and created synergy between businesses and the organization to capitalize on cross-promotional opportunities.
- Responded to media inquiries, produced all press releases and delivered primary communications support for the organization.
- Submitted grants to support downtown events such as the Kalamazoo Holiday Parade and managed these events and more with an event coordinator.
- Managed the upkeep and event usage of the Arcadia Creek Festival Place in downtown Kalamazoo.